Student Assessment in VoiceThread
VoiceThread’s flexible and dynamic recording features allow you to better assess student learning in all subjects. We’ve already introduced several features to help with this:
- Comment Moderation
- Specific timestamps on comments
- Gradebook integration in your learning management system
- Control over whether users can delete their own comments
- Selecting which types of comments are possible
- Searching slides for commenters
Our latest step is a minor change in what it means to allow someone else to view your VoiceThread. Now the “view” permission means simply that: others can only view your VoiceThread. They cannot edit or delete anything, including their own comments. If you allow someone to record comments on your VoiceThread, and then you later decide to only allow them to view, they would not be able to delete any comments they had made previously. This will allow you to easily “close” an assignment so that no one can alter their submissions while still allowing them to see their past work.
Watch for more assessment features coming soon!